Friday, September 26, 2014

My leaping deer

This leaping deer stamp by Penny Black has been a favourite of mine for years. I think I have had it for 10 or 11 years and cannot bear to part with it I absolutely love it! I figure enough time has gone by that I can reuse on my cards this year without anyone noticing. This image was glittered using Stampendous' Stamp and Bond embossing powder, Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle and Glitter Ritz (microfine) Champagne glitter. You may have noticed that I seem to be using the Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle ink for lots of stamping this week the primary reason for that is a nice gold color that matches Glitter Ritz Champagne glitter very well and also it was on my desk and I was a bit rushed last week and did not want to take the time to root through my inks for another color! I will give you a couple of quick tips on using Stamp and Bond power - 1. use an ink color similar to your glitter color so if some of the glitter does not stick you are not missing any noticable parts of your image and 2. don't overcook your powder - once it turns clear it is done - stop! (really, stop!). I hand cut out the deer however Penny Black has released a leaping deer die I have the die on order and I am first in line for it when it arrives at the store! I finished up this card with a Darice snowflake fram embossing folder, May Arts ribbon and some Quickie Glue pen and more Champagne glitter around the edge of the card. I have given you a close up of the deer so you can see all it's sparkly goodness! Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: