Sunday, June 29, 2014

Backgrounds!

The Crafty Capers had a free demo yesterday on backgrounds. I did a bunch of different techniques such as alcohol inks, watercolor, letter press, stamping with embossing folders and glitter however by far my favourite and the favourite of the participants was the shaving cream technique! I must confess that even though it is a 10+ year old technique it is one I had never done before however, that has changed! Soooo much fun! This red/orange background was one of the pieces I made during the demo. 
I needed a card for my FIL for last night so I pulled one of my shaving cream pieces out of the pile and whipped up this card. Photo does not show all the detail because I was in a hurry as hubby was waiting for me to finish the card so we could get to the party! 
The gear die is by Memory Box and I cut it out of black cardstock and added some Ranger Gold acrylic paint, Graphite Inkagold and Goose Bumps spray to it to add some interest. A bit of gold cord and I was done!
Thanks everyone for stopping by. Hope you are having a great Canada weekend!

No comments: