Thursday, May 29, 2014

A study in purple

Got a special request from a neighbour to make up a 50th birthday card. I got very few instructions (my fav kind of card) just that the birthday gal liked purple. As soon as I heard that I knew I was going to use the Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiment violet paper. I was in an "over the top" type of mood  and added lots of layers and thick embellishments - all well and good until I realized I did not have an envelope that the card would fit into! Thank goodness for my We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board. I whipped up a box for the card to fit into. I am pleased to say the neighboorhood saw the card and it got lots of oohs and awes now I have a couple more cards to whip up for people. I am not quite sure what everyone thought I did for a living but people seems amazed that I make cards! LOL
 Supplies used: Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments paper and chipboard (small round butterfly buttons), Graphic 45 Secret Garden papers (brown text), Memory Box dies Bijou film strip and flourish, Cheery Lynn Happy Birthday die, Cuttlebug die (50), Graphic 45 Couture Stickers (th), Kaisercraft paper roses, Lavender Stickles and Bazzill cardstock.

Just a quick reminder that Crafty Capers is having their garage sale on Thursday June 12 @ 5:30. If you are interested in putting items in the sale please phone the shop for details 585-0022. Shoppers are, of course, welcome. Sale begins at 5:30 no earlier, rain or shine!

No comments: