Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A snowy day

I've been busy working on Christmas/Winter card samples with some of the new product that has been arriving recently. I have wanted to play with the new Memory Box Swirling Snowflakes die ever since it came in back in July and finally, I set some time aside to play with it.
I began by cutting the die out with Silver Mirrorcard. I needed the metal shim to cut it in my Big Shot but it cut out beautifully!!! Then I stamped the Stampendous Polar Ride stamp on Bazzill cardstock and colored it with my Tombow markers then cut the image out. I found a blue card base and cut a piece of Be Creative tape to fit the front of the card (4.25x5.5) and put it on the card front. I carefully laid down the snowflake die cut then I added Cool Highlight Glitter Ritz over the remaining exposed tape for a sparkly sky. I stamped the sentiment by Hero Arts on a leftover bit the same color as my main card (unglittered) and attached it as shown then I mounted my polar bears. Really happy with how this card turned out and happy I got to reuse an older Christmas stamp from a few years back.
Just a reminder that Crafty Capers will be having a Glitter Ritz free demo, tomorrow, Wednesday Sept 11 @1 pm. No need to preregister just drop in between 1 and 3 pm it is recommended you bring a notebook to jot down all the glitter tips and techniques.

No comments: