Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Dies - Oh so fun!

When I was shopping at one of my supplier last week I happened upon a new line of dies by Sizzix called "Susan's Garden". I was quite excited to see these dies because back about 7 or 8 years ago I used to make flowers like these using punches, and while very cool, were a bit of a pain to make with all the punching etc not to mention all the hand strain! Sizzix has come out with these same shapes but in a die format and in many cases you can cut out many of the shapes at the same time because they are all on the same plate! Genius!
This card is the card I made for my Mom for Mothers Day and I happy with how it turned out - simple but nice!
The daisies are from the "mini daisies" die set and I colored each petal with Inkagold gold metallic paint for some extra interest. Oval die cut is from the Spellbinder Classic Ovals, the dragonfly is by Memory Box. Sentiment by Flourishes. Pattern paper DCWV and Kaisercraft. I used Crystal Stickles on the dragonfly wings and some Yellow Liquid Pearls in the daisy centers.
The June Saturday demo at Crafty Capers (June 8 10:30 - 12:30) will be featuring these new dies and how to use them. Stay tuned for more samples in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Pretty card Vic!!

Sheree said...

Beautiful card Vic!!