Sunday, March 24, 2013

A happy gram!

I made this pink and yellow panel during my heat embossing demo a few weeks back and still liked enough to make it into a card a few weeks later.
The panel started out as a piece of yellow Bazzill cardstock. I stamped the script (Penny Black) in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink then stamped the solid Impression Obsession butterfly over top of the script randomly with my rather grubby Versamark ink pad (those who come to demos know what I am talking about LOL) then heat embossed the butterflies with clear embossing powder. I then used a Colorbox stylus handle and foam tip to apply Memento Rose Bud ink over most of the panel but I paid particular attention to applying ink over the butterflies. The embossing powder will resist the ink and the yellow butterflies will really pop! I added some Yellow Liquid Pearl dots to the panel then matted the piece as shown. I stamped the Happy Gram saying by Hero Arts, used a Sizzix chevron embossing folder to emboss a strip of white cardstock to hide my ribbon ends then added some May Arts chevron ribbon. Pretty simple card but very striking!
BTW next Saturday Demo is Saturday April 13 between 10:30 - 12:30 (free, drop in) topic will be Peel Off stickers.
Thanks everyone for stopping by!

No comments: