Friday, November 9, 2012

Snowflake Wreath

Seems kind of strange to be posting a snowflake card today when it is beautifully sunny here on Vancouver Island but I MUST get cracking on my Christmas cards only about 55 or so more to make in the next 2 weeks - no problem! LOL
This card was really quick to make and looks much nicer in person. I used the Sizzix Snowflake frame die to cut out 2 frames one out of Silver Stardream cardstock and the second out of blue Mirrorcardstock. I layered them on a 5.75x5.75 white card. I stamped a Penny Black sentiment and embossed it with Silver Dollar embossing powder then hand cut the banner. I wanted to add some pop to the banner so edged it with Adirondack denim dye in. I popped the banner up with foam tape then added a bunch of gems on the snowflakes. Card probably took 10 minutes to complete. I should have had Ginny (who was watching me) time it!
Just a reminder that Crafty Capers will be closed on Sunday Nov 11 for Remembrance Day but we will be open on Monday Nov 12. Please take a few minutes over the weekend to remember our veterans.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Denise L. said...

Beautiful card Victoria! Giving me ideas! Very glad to hear the fundraiser was a success! Deb and I had a lot of fun, enjoyed the people we met and loved our cards! Look forward to next year already!