Monday, November 19, 2012

Loads of cards!

Just a quick heads up this year Crafty Capers will be having a "Crafty Corner" starting Tuesday until Christmas. We will have a small display of handmade/local gifts so if you are looking for a unique gift stop by the store beginning on Wednesday and check it out. You will be supporting a local crafter plus you won't have to fight the crowds at the malls!


I have a load of cards to make this week - 3 birthday and 1 anniversary plus one more class card then I really must get cracking on my Christmas cards!!! Yikes so much to do!
This card is for my inlaws 48th wedding anniversary. I looked up what the 48th anniversary is represented by hoping for inspiration however year 48 is represented by get this... optical devices!!! I quickly scratched that idea! REALLY who would want an optical device as a gift!!!
I decided to make Shimmer Sheets and one of the newly arrived Craft Concept embossing folders from the Thoughtful Collection. I ran the Shimmer Sheet through my Big Shot machine and the embossing folder. I then pulled out my Ranger Cranberry and Gold alcohol inks and daubed the entire piece. I trimmed the sheet to size and rounded two of the corners. I matted the Shimmer Sheet on a piece of Black cardstock then went to work on my sentiment. I do not own a Happy Anniversary stamp but found a black Peel Off in my stash. I applied the sticker to a piece of Be Creative tape that I had put on a scrap of cranberry cardstock then I poured some Glitter Ritz warm highlight glitter over the sticky tape. I rounded the corners on this piece as well. To finish off the card I stamped 2 Hero Arts stamps from the Untitled Hearts set with Versamark and Ranger Cranberry dye ink then heat embossed the pieces with clear ink and mounted them as shown.
Thanks everyone for stopping by.

No comments: