Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Love and Joy

I taught a private class a week or so back (hi Evelyn, Heather and Marilyn!) and here is one of the cards we did. A card this vintagy is rather out of my comfort zone but I like how it turned out.
I began by stamping the postcard image by Stampendous in black Versafine on white cardstock. I colored the holly leaves with my Prisma pencil crayons and added a bit of blue highlight to some of the snowy areas. I then pulled out my Tea Dye and Walnut stain distress ink pads and applied color around the edges of the piece. I ripped the lower left hand corner of my image. This caused the class participants much distress! LOL I curled up the other left corner then matted the peice onto a red Coredinations cardstock. I used my awl and a piece of foam to poke holes along the bottome of the image. I matted the entire piece onto a piece of Basic Grey pattern paper then added my Hero Arts sentiment and some twine.
Thanks everyone for stopping by.

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Vic
Love the oldfashioned scene.
Myrna