Monday, October 1, 2012

Jumbo Stocking

Wow October 1 where is the time going? September just flew by! I am now in the middle of the store's Christmas rush - lots of orders to do, to price, classes to prep for etc.
I did find a few minutes to get some play time in though - always need to find time for that!
I chose to play with the Stampendous Jumbo stocking stamp. It has been in the store for a while now feeling neglected. Poor fellow! LOL
I began this card by embossing the Jumbo stocking with gold embossing powder on white cardstock then I used my Stylus wand with a foam tip to apply color. I used Memento Bamboo Leaves for the green and Fired Brick Distrss ink for the red. That took all of 3 minutes probably. I pulled out my Stampendous Chili Pepper Red and Cotton Ball white fun flock and used my Art Institute clear drying glue to apply the flock. I added flock to the toe and heel of the stocking and some to the white area. I let the glue dry then cut out the stocking. I embossed a piece of Coredinations cardstock with a Couture Creations candy cane embossing folder and matted it a few times. I added a piece of May Arts twine and a Stampendous sentiment and 1 Christmas card completed.
Thanks everyone for stopping by.

No comments: