Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beautiful butterflies

I purchased the Memory Box Moonlight Butterfly die a week or so back and had this card in my head for a few days before I found some time to give it a try. I began by cutting out a Spellbinder Labels 1 shape out of Be Creative Tape. I peeled 1 side of the tape backing off the tape and stuck the shape to a piece of white cardstock. I pulled the other backing sheet off the top of the shape and applied Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight glitter to the tape. I used the dye ink Adirondack Raspberry on the glitter to give it some color then I used my new butterfly die and cut out 3 butterflies out the glittered tape. This made 3 butterfly shaped holes. I used some BoBunny Turquois Double Dot cardstock behind the white cardstock to give the butterflies some color. I then used my Memory Box die again to cut out 3 more butterflies out of Bazzill light blue cardsotck. I used my Sakura Glue pen and added some swirls and dots then used more Glitter Ritz glitter Mystere color the gluey areas. I glued the bodies of the butterflies to the butterflies then glued them in the cardstock holes being careful to only add glue to the body areas of the butterflies so I could pop up the wings. I added a Hero Arts sentiment at the bottom of the card. Here is hoping I don't have to use this card anytime soon.
Thanks everyone for stopping by!

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

Gorgeous! Love this clean and simple design. Great colours.