Saturday, June 23, 2012

A little late...

This card was SUPPOSED to be for Father's Day last weekend! (whoops!) Thankfully, we have a bunch of men's birthdays coming up in the next little while so I added a Happy Birthday sentiment instead of a Fathers Day one.
I began this card with a piece of Sticky Back Canvas and added some Hero Arts hot air balloons stamped with Versafine Onyx black ink. I colored them with my watercolor pencils then matted the piece onto a piece of scrap (BoBunny???) pattern paper then matted everything onto a piece of Hero Arts blue pattern cardstock. I messed up stamping my saying on the canvas (stamped it 1/2 on and 1/2 off the canvas) so needed to fix that boo boo so hand cut a couple of arrows and stamped happy birthday on them.
I grabbed a couple of Tim Holtz Stamers Anonymous ticket stamps and a sentiment and stamped them on more of the pattern paper then I hand cut them out. I added some Hero Arts Metallic Decor silver embellishments to the tickets and the happy birthday arrows.
Not my usual but I am happy with how it turned out.

No comments: