Monday, May 21, 2012

Penny Farthing Bikes

Those of you who shop at the store on Thursdays probably know my Dad, we have lunch together most Thursdays and he is very special to me.
My Dad was in a restaurant recently that had a penny farthing bike on display and he was very impressed with it. When he told me the story I instantly visualized the Graphic 45 Old Curiosity Shoppe bike paper and since my Dad's birthday is May 26 I whipped up this card. I know he will get a kick out of it.
All it involved was cutting out a few squares of bikes out of the paper then matting the cut outs with black cardstock then putting them back on the cardstock I cut the original squares out of. Easy Peasy especially since I own the Spellbinder square dies made the cutting out and matting a breeze! I also edged each of the squares with my Tea Dye Distress ink.
My sentiment is from Hero Arts.
If you happen to see my Dad this week be sure to wish him an early happy birthday! I won't mention his age! LOL
PS it is also Mr Crafty Capers birthday on May 26 as well so I need to get another dreaded "man card" whipped up this week!

No comments: