Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Today is Phil and I's 9th wedding anniversary! Hard to believe! Phil and I actually met in Crafty Capers waaaay back in the "olden days" when Crafty Capers shared a space with Creative Images Hair Studio in Lantzville! A mutual friend brought him down for a haircut so we could meet. I was a bit pissed off with said friend because I had about 10 minutes notice so no time to comb my hair or pick out the perfect outfit (Phil claims I was wearing a horribly unflattering denim skirt. I am sure that skirt was just fine!)

Here is the card I made for Phil. The iris stamp is by Flourishes and I colored it with my Distress markers (broken china, wild honey and shabby shutters) and a waterbrush. I cut out the heart with my Sizzix Framelets hearts (similar to Spellbinder dies. The pattern paper is by Little Yellow Bicycle Hello Spring. The sentiment is from the Flourishes set Tag Lines (love that set!).
The embossing folder is a new one, in stock at Crafty Capers, by Couture Creations called Venus Crest. I embossed on white cardstock then edged it with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I also edged the heart with a brown ink that was on a Colorbox Stylus Tip I had sitting on the table (was too lazy to get up and find a brown ink.
For fun, thought I would include a couple of wedding photos so you can see how neither of us has changed a bit!! ;) Photo taken by Seaside Studios in Parksville.

My sisters, my neice and I


Phil, his brother and our best man. Bet you can't tell which one is the brother!
 

2 comments:

Darcy said...

You haven't changed Victoria :) Great card and great photo's.

Darcy said...

Great pictures Victoria. you look great. Wonderful card too.