Monday, April 9, 2012

A fabulous birthday!

A close friend of mine had a birthday last week and I made her this card using one of the new Penny Black Hello Gorgeous stamp set. I stamped the gal on watercolor cardstock and colored her with my Tombow markers. I matted her as shown. I cut out 2 Spellbinder Picot circles (one blue and one yellow) and 2 smooth circles and stamped a Hero Arts sentiment. I stamped the martini and shaker stamps on a scrap of yellow cardstock and colored them with my Tombow markers. The pattern paper is by My Minds Eye. I added some Hero Arts gems to the front of the card and some Crystal and True Blue Stickles to glam it up even more! Because my friend is also a cardmaker I felt I should take the card up a notch so I did something I rarely do - I decorated the inside of the card! I stamped the gal in Cadilac on the inside of the card then I stamped her again on a scrap of YELLOW cardstock and cut out the car and glued it on top of the prestamped the car. For those who know me, you will know why I picked a yellow car. :) I stamped my Penny Black happy birthday sentiment to finish off the card. Hope everyone had a good long weekend!

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

What a great card. Great layout, colours and stamps! You know I love the martini glass too.