Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A single flower

Hello again! Here is another card I made up while practicing blending with my Prismacolor pencil crayons. I am trying to perfect my pencil blending without the use of Gamsol (oderless mineral spirits) or baby oil so have been coloring, coloring, coloring which is kind of fun.
I stamped this gal using Adirondack (dye) black ink on smooth white cardstock then I used my pencils. I then stamped the sentiment (those of you who took the Crafty Capers Studio Workshop will recognize this saying!) on another scrap of white cardstock and cut it out using Spellbinder Labels 8 and sponged Adirondack Light Lemonade (dye) ink onto it while the paper was still in the die.
I used a Spellbinder Edgeability insert to add the dotted edge to the card then matted everything as shown.
I'm pretty happy with how this turned out!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black A Rose & The Thought of You
Spellbinder: Labels 8 & Edgeabilities Classic Scallop
Ink: Adirondack Black & Lights Lemonade
Embellishments: Hero Arts rhinestone flowers

No comments: