Thursday, February 23, 2012

Playing with embossing folders

I have a Cuttlebug class mid March so I have been playing around with different techniques and layouts. This card turned out OK but not "class worthy". I stamped the Penny Black flower stamp on matte cardstock with my Big and Juicy Waterfall rainbow ink pad. I used my Cuttlebug "Victoria" embossing folder over top of the stamping. I then cut out a square window out of the piece of cardstock. My original idea was not working so then I stamped the flower stamp again on another scrap of white cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on top of the flowers. Thought the sentiment might look cool cut out in a diamond shape so used my squares to cut it out however my cardstock was not quite big enough so 2 of my corners got cut off. I'm just going to pretend I meant to do that! LOL Matted the diamond with another (blue) diamond. I assembled the rest of the card as shown using 3 strips of 3mm Be Creative tape near the bottom of the card. I applied Grasshopper and Mystique Glitter Ritz glitter to the tape then added 3 butterflies to finish the card off.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

~Tammy~ said...

I love your colors and beautiful butterflies!