Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sparkly Valentine

I can see now that this picture is not the best however it is too late to take another picture so hopefully you will overlook my bad photography!
I've had this idea floating around in my head for a week or so and once I finally got a chance to pull out my Glitter Ritz glitter the card came together fairly quickly. Each heart is done with the Burnished Velvet technique using Be Creative tape and Glitter Ritz Microfine glitter.
I began by putting some Be Creative on some ugly grey cardstock (did not care what color it was because I knew the glitter would cover it up) and die cut 9 hearts using my Sizzix Framelets hearts dies. I used Be Creative tape backing and cut some masks out of the Spellbinder Twisted Metal tags set. I peeled the tape backing off the hearts and applied the Metal Tags masks over the exposed tape. I poured Fire Red Glitter Ritz glitter over each of the hearts. The areas of the tape that were not covered by the masks then became a glittery red. I carefully peeled off the masks and applied Ice Blue, Champagne, Black and Lilac Pink to the areas of tape that had been masked by the tape backing.
I mounted the 9 hearts on a piece of white cardstock that I had embossed with the Crafts Too Love Hearts embossing folder (one of the new folders at Crafty Capers). I matted the embossed white piece with black cardstock then added it to my main cardstock. Hope this all makes sense and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: