Sunday, December 18, 2011

Gift Card holder

Sorry for the lack of posts recently but with all the holiday hussle and bussle I have not had much time for crafting however I am happy to report my Christmas cards are all finally made and sent out!  Just a reminder that Crafty Capers last make and take of 2011 is tomorrow! Cost is $2.00 including taxes and runs 10:30 am - 1:00 pm. You will be making a Hero Arts Happy Birthday card. It's quick and easy a perfect 10 minute get away then you can get back to your busy schedules this week. Please bring your scissors and adhesive with you to the make and take. I have been busy working on gift card holders over the past few days since I have had NO gift inspiration for quite a few people on my list so gift cards it is!
This card measures 5" wide and 8 1/2" wide. I scored at 2 1/4" and then 5 1/2" I folded up the bottom and used one of my Scalloped Circle Spellbinder dies to cut a little finger hole and so people can see the card. I embossed the top flap with my Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and added 2 Spellbinder circles to the front along with a partial circle to put the to/from stuff on. The patern paper is by Kaisercraft called Silly Season. The paper comes with a decorative strip along the bottom so I cut that off and used it to embellish the holder. I used some ancient Queen & Co "turnettes" to keep the card closed along with some old rhinestones for some extra bling. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

Terrific gift card holder! Great work.