Friday, November 25, 2011

Snowflake greetings

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out and it is fairly quick!
The snowflake cutout is being sold at Crafty Capers and is made locally by Back Acre Wood. The snowflake started out as bare wood and I used a Ranger Paint Dauber in the color Pearl. I applied 2 coats of paint then I used my finger and spread a thin layer of Glossy Accents over the entire snowflake then I applied Glitter Ritz Ultra fine Warm Highlight Glitter to make it nice and sparkly. I stamped a Penny Black greeting on a circular piece of cardstock with Black Versafine Ink then glued the sentiment to the middle of the snowflake. I added a layer of Glossy Accents to add some extra dimension. I sewed the snowflake onto the card front with a piece of crotchet cotton so it can be removed and hung on a tree. I put a bow on the snowflake to try to hide the sewing. The background of the card is a Craft Concepts embossing folder that I applied Art Institute Dries White glue to then added more Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight glitter to.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Love this card Victoria!! Your snowflake turned out perfectly!
Hope you are getting better!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh this one is so pretty! I love it.