Monday, November 28, 2011

Monocromatic Christmas card

A few weeks back a friend sent me a picture of a card she thought I should copy well with one thing and another I finally got around to that challenge over the weekend. I'm feeling kind of "mah" about how it turned out it's OK but not spectacular.
I used Stardream cardstock for most of the card to create a monocromatic look. I embossed my Couture Creations "funky poinsettia" embossing folder then cut out some of the petals so they would hang down inside the oval cutout. The sentiment is by Penny Black and embossed with Gold powder. I used my Spellbinder poinsettia and rubbed some Versamagic Rocket Red ink on it to make it stand out a bit from the background. Pearls are by Kaisercraft. The card shape was created by Spellbinder's Label 8.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

This turned out beautifully Victoria! Nice job! Hope to see you this week if I finish earlier!