Saturday, September 24, 2011

World Card Day Sat Oct 1

Next Saturday is Oct 1 and World Card Day!!! World Card day was started to celebrate the "kick off" to the winter card making season. Realistically I think September is actually the kick off but what do I know??? Crafty Capers will be having it's annual fundrasing event Oct 1. Drop by anytime between 10:30 am - 1:30 pm we will have a bunch of instructors each teaching a different card. Each card is $3 and all tuition will go to Nanaimo's Loaves and Fishes food bank. Please bring your class kit wiht you to class. All cards are suitable for all skill levels bring a friend and make it a fun girls day!

This card was done using my Versamark ink pad using it as a resist on glossy cardstock. I began by cutting a Spellbinder Labels 2 shape out of glossy cardstock. I then stamped my Penny Black flower stamp, that I seem to be using for every card lately, with my Versamark ink pad. I heated the cardstock to make sure my ink was dry then I used a piece of Cut N Dry Foam and applied Distress Broken China ink over the entire piece. The Versamark inky areas will resist dye inks. Pretty cool. I rubbed the piece with a tissue to get the ink that was sitting on top of the Versamark off the piece. I used a Want 2 Scrap Labels 2 rhinestone embellishment around the edge of the piece. I stamped the sentiment using the Broken China ink. I had some white with blue Hero Arts flowers I thought they looked a little white so I used my Broken China ink and made them less white. I matted everything as shown. Hope this card inspires you to use your Versamark ink pad for more than embossing!


Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Lace Edged & Hero Arts sentiment

No comments: