Monday, September 26, 2011

Winterscene

Wow I think this cards brings my completed Christmas card stash up to about 4 only about 56 more cards to go before Dec 1!
This card is another technique card I was playing with. I found a bottle of light lilac Americana acrylic paint in my small craft stash at home. I'm sure I bought it about 2008 when I was going to become a famous tole painter! LOL For some reason I must have thought I was going to become a famous painter with only 2 colors of paint because all I could find was the lilac color plus a cream colored paint! No idea what I was thinking there! Anyway finally cracked the plastic on the lilac paint. I squirted a blog of paint on my Ranger Craft Sheet then I lightly stamped my stamp into the paint when the stamp was covered I stamped in on a piece of white cardstock. If you are doing this technique make sure you clean your stamp right away. I thought I did this but still had a heck of a time getting all the paint out of the nooks and crannies.
Once the paint was dry I went in with my Cut N Dry foam and applied Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks to make the lilac paint pop a bit more. I finished up the card by applying Waterfall Stickles in the sky. I like how the paint stamps up it has a little more texture than stamping with a traditional ink and if you have some acrylic paint in your stash so much the better!
Stamp used: Penny Black Snowscape

No comments: