Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Kissing and Embossing

Yesterday the store received a batch of NEW Hero Arts "stamp and emboss" and "stamp and diecut" sets. These sets come with a stamp or stamps and either a matching embossing folder or a matching die cut. I managed to make a card using both! I used sets Holly background Stamp and Emboss and Holiday Cheer Stamp and diecut sets.
I began by inking up my new Holly stamp with Versamark ink then I inked up a Hero Arts word set (name escapes me at the moment) with Brillance Pearlescent thyme ink and I stamped the words right onto the inked holly stamp. I stamped the holly stamp onto a piece of cream cardstock then applied clear embossing powder. This technique is called "kissing". I then used the matching embossing folder and embossing the stamped image. Turned out pretty cool I think. The reindeer is from the Holiday Cheer stamp and diecut set I stamped the reindeer on beige cardstock with Onyx Versafine ink then I took the matching die cut and cut out the image using my Cuttlebug. Worked like magic! The holiday cheer sentiment is from the Holiday Cheer set. I stamped it using my Versafine onto a Spellbinders Label 14 shape (my go to label shape as the moment). I matted everything as shown then added some Candy Cane Stickles onto the berries of the holly as well as the reindeer's antlers.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

That looks great Victoria! Makes me want to have those sets ;)