Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stampendous Fun Flock with Sizzix Ink It plates

I'm very excited to show you this card because I came up with this technique by myself! No Youtubing or anything! LOL You saw it here first. I was in the shop one morning and wondered how Stampendous Fun Flock would work with the Ink It plates. They work out very cool as it turns out! I started out by applying a piece of Be Creative tape to a piece of light purple Bazzill cardstock. I dumped Stampendous Lavish Lilac Fun Flock onto the exposed tape. I pressed the flock onto the tape. It needs quite a bit of pressure to get a good full flock coverage so no being lazy and not pressing the flock into the tape! I then ran the Ink It plate Rustic Trellis through my Cuttlebug a couple of times to the entire piece of cardstock was covered with a beautiful embossed design. The finished result looks like embossed velvet! Beautiful! I used my Spellbinder Classic smooth and scallop ovals and stamped my Hero Arts sentiment with Memories Lavender ink. I cut out 2 corners from the Spellbinder die set Parisian Accents using gold glossy cardstock. The ribbon is one of the Hero Arts Hero Hues Ribbon. We also tried this technique with the Be Creative tape, Glitter Ritz and Brillance ink during the Saturday demo and it was pretty fabulous as well. I hope to get a card made up with this technique in the near future.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Great cards!
I went through the whole page of posts!
The flocking is interesting.
Also the letter press plates!