Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day everyone! I didn't think I would get any blog postings done this week because my week started off by having my car's head gasket and cylinder head blow up on the side of the road leaving me stranded on my way to work! Thank goodness for my good friends Chris and Duane for coming to my rescue since my husband was no where near his cell phone at the time! Looks like I will be celebrating the long weekend by going car shopping. That was not in my plans and kind of put a kibosh on my mojo.
:( Anyway onward and upward!
This card started out as a protype for an upcoming class but did not make the grade so to speak! However I LOVE how it turned out it just was not right for my class.
I began with a piece of Kraft cardstock which I stamped Hero Arts Dictionary Greetings onto with Versafine Sepia ink then I took a Dreamweaver stencil (fern) and ran the Kraft cardstock through my Cuttlebug to dry emboss the stencil the lazy girl's way! lol! I sponged Brillance Pearlescent Thyme ink through the stencil holes then I thought it needed a bit of oomph so I added some Versamagic Ocean Depth ink as well then I was happy! I matted the Kraft on a piece of slate cardstock and white embossed my sentiment (Hero Arts). I stamped my main cardstock because it was looking a little naked with the Hero Arts Fab Flourish stamp with my Versafine Sepia ink. I rounded some corners with my Corner Chomper and attached everything as shown.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

What a gorgeous card Victoria! I'm definitely going to have a closer look at it when I come in next week!