Sunday, June 26, 2011

This seems wrong but...

I've started my Christmas cards!! Waaaay back in December when I was cursing myself for leaving my 2010 cards to the last minute I made a vow, in front of witnesses of course, that I would be making 10 cards each month all year long then I would be all organized for December this year. You would think I would learn not to make these vows in front of people. Kind of like that time I vowed I would shave my head if people raised $500 for cancer (thankfully the people I know are cheap so that one never happened!!!) Anyway... a witness came in late January and asked me how the Christmas cards were coming along and I had to sheepishly admit I had not made a one! (thanks for that Joyce H)! 5 months later I have started my Christmas cards! I think I was just saving up all my creative mojo so my cards would be extra great or that is the story I am sticking to! lol Both these cards were made with a Bosscuts Poinsettia die which will go through your Cuttlebug machine the recipe is Plates A, B, C you will probably need to run it back and forth a few times to get a good cut or at least that is what I had to do. Both flowers had 2 pieces of red cardstock run through so that I had lots of flowers to layer for a nice full flower. I was not too worried about having all the same red cardstock the green card has 2 definitely different shades of red in it's flower the other one has 2 as well. I was mainly concerned with getting rid of some small scraps of red cardstock I had. The sentiments for both cards are by Hero Arts stamped with Ranger's Adirondack Pesto ink (dye). I used some Be Creative tape to cut out a frame using the Spellbinder Labels 14 die (for the white card) then I applied the frame and used my Fire Red Glitter Ritz glitter LOVE how that turned out  then applied my poinsettia to the bottom of the frame and embellished with Golden Rod Stickles glitter glue. Once my white card was done I was left with the middle of my frame cut out of tape so being the thrifty gal I am I decided to stamp a sentiment on my green card and lay the tape over top of the sentiment then add some Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight because the Highlight glitters are clear but sparkly the sentiment showed through no problem. I added my poinsettia to this card then embellished with some Hero Arts Foliage Gems and Pearls. Currently, all supplies used for these cards are in stock at Crafty Capers except the Pesto ink.
Thanks for stopping by oh and just a reminder Crafty Capers will be closed next Friday July 1 for Canada Day!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Such pretty cards Victoria! I too, looked at my Xmas stamps last night wondering when I should start making them as well.
Love those poinsettias!

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh those are so pretty.