Monday, March 21, 2011

Wish Big!


As I may have mentioned the store got a batch of Penny Black stamps in on Friday. :)
I was supposed to be working on class samples the past few days however...this stamp was calling my name and the bad part is I've had this stamp in my collection close on a year! I meant to play with a easter image but that did not happen either. Oh well there is always tomorrow.
I'm so happy with how this card turned out that I am sure I won't regret putting aside my "real" work to get this card done.
I colored this Penny Black image with my Tombow markers on watercolor paper twice. I cut out one image with a oval die and then cut out the body of the second hedgie with scissors. I sponged on clouds and a sky behind the hedgehog with Sea Breeze Versamagic ink. I matted her as shown including popping up the second hedgie on top of the oval one. The sentiment is from a clear set by Penny Black. I used my Big Scalloped Squares from Spellbinder to make the main card. Those of you who have taken my Cuttlebug Tips and Tricks class will know how I did it. I added a bunch of Glitter Ritz glitter with my Tombow Glue Pen to the colored image. Did you notice I even added glitter to the hedgie's toes! I was so pleased with myself when I thought of that! She's just had a pedicure and is wiggling her toes in the new spring grass. Cute!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Tender Hug & Micey Nice clear set
Coloring: Tombow markers
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bazzill, Coredination & Strathemore watercolor cardstock
Spellbinder: Small and Large Classic ovals, small scallop ovals, big scalloped large squares
Other: Glitter Ritz glitter, Tombow Glue Pen, Versafine Onyx Black ink

No comments: