Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The future

Crafty Capers will be having a FREE heat embossing demo on Saturday Mar 12 10:30 - noon. Drop by to learn about heat embossing, if you are an intermediate stamper there is probably some tips you will pick up as well. I am hoping to get some of the demo projects up on the blog in the next day or so.

Now onto the card for the day!
I had fun playing with this card. I began by stamping the flowers on scraps of yellow cardstock with Vintage Sepia Versafine ink then I cut them out and gave each flower some highlights with a yellow pencil crayon. I did the same with the leaves except on green cardstock. :)
I cut out a Spellbinder beaded oval and embossed it as well then used Ranger's Light Adirondack ink in Lemonade to stencil inside the die's holes. I cut out the middle of the piece to create a frame (although now I think about it that was not necessary). I cut out a smooth oval frame to fit inside the first oval out of Be Creative tape and used my Warm Hightlight glitter to create a glittery inside border.
I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with yellow ink then layered everything as shown. I created the concave notches in the white cardstock using a 1" circle punch and only cutting about 1/4 of a circle. I added some gems to the punched areas for some extra bling.
Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Blossom Art & sentiment (Hero set unknown)
Ink: Adirondack Lights Lemonade & Earthtones Butterscotch, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper: Bazzil & Coredinations
Spellbinder: Beaded Ovals, Large and Small Smooth Classic ovals
Other: Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight & Hero Arts Gems

No comments: