Friday, March 4, 2011

Butterfly Thank You


Sorry for the lack of posts this past week or so. We've had some crazy weather. Last week lots of snow with the store being closed on Wednesday due to poor road conditons then I had to madly prep for weekend classes because I left things to the last minute! Here's hoping I don't do THAT again (but probably will!).
I managed to find a few minutes today to play. These "dandelions" were done of white vellum. I laid the vellum onto the wood mounted stamp and traced the image using my Tombow white gel pen then I colored the image on the back side using my Tombow markers. I think it kind of has a chalk like look which is nice since I am no good at chalks! I stamped the butterflies on Bazzil cardstock and blended with using the indirect Tombow blending technique. The sentiment was stamped using a Tombow marker as the ink so it matches my colored images perfectly! Love that!
I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Thanks for stopping by!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Constellations, Flourishes Taglines & Clematis and Butterflies set
Tombow markers: 195, 515, 555, 565, 992 & N00 (blender)
Paper: White vellum, Bazzil, Coredinations
Other: Tombow white gel pen, Hero Arts gem, Offray ribbon, Spellbinder lrg scalloped square & Tag Trio.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Such a pretty card Victoria!
Yay on posting again!
I've been missing seeing your cards!

Sheree said...

Ohhhhh,,,That is one beautiful card!! You did an awesome job colouring, especially the butterflies. Maybe you can teach me when we both live in Stampscape Town Inc....pop 4