Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wedding prototypes


I've been meaning to make some wedding invitation samples for the store since now is the time I tend to see brides wandering in wanting to make their own invitations but need inspiration . Then I got asked to make some samples for a local magazine. That sure gave me a kick in the pants!
I decided to go with a grey, white and red theme for the first set of samples. Coincidently one of my husband's co-workers just got engaged and he wanted a congratulations card for the happy couple so I've used Karen and Greg as my bride and groom for my first set of samples. I even set their wedding date for May 15 although I was told later that they are getting married in Sept! I managed to make this congratulations card, an invitation, and 2 wedding favours all in this color theme.
The background for this card was stamped with Versafine Smokey Grey ink on grey paper. I completely LOVE how this background stamp stamps! Works perfectly every time which is not always the case with more solid type stamps. So glad I splurged and bought it.
I pulled out some of my new Just Rite stamps including one of the font sets to personalize all the items I made. Love it! I didn't think I would use the font sets much but I must say it has come in handy for a project like this! The set I used is called Myriad Pro 50 pt by Just Rite.
I matted my congratulations piece onto 2 Big Classic Rectangle Spellbinder dies. The flower is done with Be Creative tape and covered with Stampendous Chili Pepper red Fun Flock.
I didn't get a chance to photograph the other items I created today but hope to tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Large Fabric Design, Just Rite Stampers Myriad Pro 50 pt (font), Baroque Nested Frames, All Occasion Nested Sentiments
Ink: Versafine Smokey Grey, Brillance Rocket Red
Spellbinder: Big Classic Scalloped Rectangles, Flower Creations
Other: ribbon and Stampendous Chili Red Fun Flock, Be Creative double sided tape

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Really pretty Victoria! I see you used one of the new border stamps you started carrying... Awesome!
Love the colours and the matching flower!

Glenda J said...

Great paper and I love the colour combo!