Thursday, January 6, 2011


Just a quick note before we get started to let everyone know the final A Muse stamp order came in yesterday. No more A Muse stamps will be coming into the store so if there is something you have your eye on now is the time to pick it up.
I've been reading the book Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah and I love the cover. It inspired me to make a card based on it! I began by stamping the butterfly with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and embossing it with clear embossing powder. I then colored it with my Tombow Markers and the Tombow blender pen then cut it out. My friend, Sharron, had discarded a piece of cardstock with a circle cut out of it so I decided to use it as a mask and sponged into the hole (circle) in the cardstock with my Cloudy Blue ink. I left the mask in place and stamped the Berry Branch with grey ink a few times. I removed the mask after this step. I stamped the Flourishes sentiment (there shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart) using a Tombow marker directly on the stamp so everything matched. I mounted the butterfly with double sided foam mounting tape added ribbon and a few Hero Arts pearls and voila - a done card!
BTW I really enjoyed the book and thanks to whoever gave me a Kristen Hannah paperback last summer to read while I recovered from surgery. I'd never read her before!
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Tombow markers: 026, 158, n45, n55, n95, n00 (blender)
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Memento London Fog & Ranger Adirondack Lights Cloudy Blue

Stamps: Penny Black Berry Branch (3886J), Hero Arts Antique Engravings (CL383), Flourishes Poppy set for the sentiment
Paper: Bazzill and Watercolor
Other: Hero Arts Foliage Embellishments, Offry ribbon, Crafty Capers clear embossing powder, Spellbinder Standard Circles (for mask) & Ranger Cut N Dry foam to apply ink

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Wow! What a beautiful card Victoria!! I'll have to have a closer look this Thursday!