Monday, January 24, 2011

A Flowery Valentine


Well it is nearing the end of January (what the heck has happened to Jan??) so thought it was appropriate to start playing with Valentine cards and images.
I thought I would try something that was not too frilly maybe something suitable for a man.
I pulled out this new 2011 Hero Arts clear set and set to work. I am STILL having problems with my eye so thought I would try something that did not involving coloring but I wanted something bright and cheery. I stamped the flowers on a scrap of red cardstock with black ink then took a white Prisma pencil crayon and highlighted some areas with it to make the flowers pop then cut them out. I then stamped the leaves on a scrap of green with black ink. I also applied some green pencil crayon to these but it's hard to tell in this photo. I cut the leaves out as well. I attached everything as shown.
Thanks for looking and hope it provides some inpiration.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Blossom Art set, A Muse Happy Valentines Day
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Adirondack dye Cranberry
Paper: Bazzill, My Minds Eye
Embellishments: Prisma pencil crayons and A Muse Pretty Pearls

No comments: