Monday, December 27, 2010

A very orange card


I hope everyone had a good Christmas and thanks everyone who gave the store presents and cards this year! Very much appreciated.
Just a reminder that Crafty Capers is closed this week for inventory and holidays. We will reopen Monday Jan 3 @ 10 am.
I had so much fun doing this card and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I got my inspiration from the new 2011 Hero Arts catalogue. There is a card sample in there colored in similar colors and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to try that color combo!
This stamp (Large Blossom) is a reverse image which means when you stamp the background is your ink/embossing powder color and the flowers are the paper color. I started by embossing this image twice on watercolor paper with Zing white embossing powder then I pulled out my trusty Tombow markers and got coloring! It was really tough seeing the white embossing powder on the white paper but I am nothing if not stubborn! :) I mounted 1 image with green and orange paper and cut the second image into 4 pieces and matted them with orange cardstock. I cut a piece of Tangerine Coorindations cardstock and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and lightly sanded it to reveal the lighter inner core. I cut out 2 of the same Spellbinder tag one in green and one in orange and layered them. I used a Spellbinder oval to stamp my sentiment on. I added some white dots on the oval as well as the large orange mat for some interest.
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Cl371 Essential Messages & CG271 Large Blossom
Tombow markers: 126, 158, 025, 055, 912,985, 933, 845, N00 (Blender Pen)
Paper: Watercolor, A Muse, Coredinations & Bazzil
Other: Zing white embossing powder, Tombow white gel pen, Memento Tangello ink, Spellbinder Fancy Tags and Large Classic Ovals, Victoria Cuttlebug folder (the best one!)

No comments: