Thursday, August 5, 2010

Doing Distress



This card was supposed to be for Glenda's hardware challenge but I was having a heck of a time trying to incorporate the 1 token piece of hardware onto a card!

Anyway I had pulled out my Distress inks while trying to come up with a plan. I finally decided to scrap the plan of using hardware and work on a Distress ink card instead.

I began this card with a piece of Cathie Allen 130lb white cardstock. I then clear embossed the swirly design a few times. I then applied Milled Lavender, Tea Dye and Old Paper inks all over the white cardstock including over the embossed images. This technique leaves the embossed areas the original paper color and then rest the ink colors. I stamped the flower and sentiment with Adirondack Earthtones Espresso ink. I sanded the edges of the panel to make the piece a little more distressed then matted everything as shown. I added 1 button from my button box to finish things off.

I had a very cute shopper in the store today and thought I would share a few photos. Maureen (Momma) and Mia have given me a serious case of puppy envy!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Antique Engravings, Hero Arts Speckled Ornaments, Penny Black Dreams come true

Inks: Ranger Distress inks Milled Lavender, Tea Dye & Old Paper, Adirondack Earth tones Espresso

Cardstock: Bazzill and My Minds Eye

2 comments:

Glenda J said...

Ok - so how did I miss this? So sorry! Beautiful card - love it! Thanks for playing!

Glenda J said...

Oh here, I misread your post - I thought there was hardware on it! Hee hee - at least you tried.