Saturday, August 21, 2010

Celebrate!


This card was actually a combination of my playing with a few techniques. I am on a bit of a brayering kick right now so the orange background was done on white glossy cardstock and Ardirondack dye inks. I then got it into my head to try another technique I'd heard of using stencils. I taped my Dreamweaver stencil over the brayered background and applied a light colored ink through the holes of the stencil. I removed the stencil and began applying clear drying glue onto the inked areas where the stencil had been. I added Glitter Ritz as I went along being sure to make sure I worked with the dark glitter colors first since they can contaminate the lighter glitter colors. This took a bit of time but I am very please with the results!! I finished the card off by adding 2 orange strips of cardstock embossed with Cuttlebug's Number Collage folder since I was making this card as an 83rd birthday card I made sure 1 strip had an 8 in it and the other a 3. I highlighted those numbers with my Tombow white gel pen. I added a Happy Birthday sentiment at the bottome of the card.
Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stencil: Dreamweaver Fireworks
Paper: Cordinations and Bazzil
Glitter: Glitter Ritz Fire Engine Red, Stardust, Yellow, Light Copper, Kiwi
Stamp: Stampendous Happy Bday clear set
Other: Memento Tangello ink for sentiment, Cuttlebug Number Collage folder, Tombow White Gel pen.

No comments: