Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!

Well I hope everyone had a happy Canada Day. I spent the day updating the computer system for the HST that took effect today (boo, boo!) then we had a BBQ at my parents.
Marie Bowning from Tombow was teaching at the store last weekend. I was not even in the classes but I was given "homework" to remake some of the Tombow Tangles demo cards. I was practicing my strokes on a scrap piece of paper when I noticed all my tear drop shapes were kind of looking like the tail of a kite that got me totally off the topic of my homework, just like when I was in academic school!! :)
Anyway, this card was really fun to make! I cut out 2 kites out of scraps in my scrap bin and used a black Tombow marker to draw lines on them. I had some My Mind's Eye cloud paper in the store so used that as my background. I planned where my kites were going then drew squiggly lines with a brown Tombow marker then made different colored tear drop shapes down the tail - easy peasy! A quick and very summery card now if only summer would get to my part of the world.
Thanks for looking. Oh, and my homework will be done soon, honest! :)
Card Recipe:
Tombow markers: 195, 528, 665, 815, 946, 969, 993 & N25
Papers: Bazzil (solid colors), My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary (clouds), Upsy Daisy (yellow kite) & Basic Grey (red kite)
Other: Hero Arts white pearls

1 comment:

Marie Browning said...

awesome idea Victoria! Way to go, you get an "A++"