Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dancing for Joy!

Just a quick store update we have received orders from Magenta stamps and sticks as well as A Muse this week. We also now have back in stock the ever popular Ranger Mini Misters. Now onto the regularly scheduled program...
My neighbour and Wednesday carpooling buddy retired last week so I figured a 'happy retirement" card was in order.
I rooted through my stamps and found this one by Penny Black that I have had at least a year and I have never stamped yet! I love these guys I figured it had the right sort of feel.
I began by stamping the image on on white smooth cardstock then I colored the image with my Prismacolor pencil crayons. I matted the image as shown and added some green rhinestone flowers I've also had a while. I stamped the first line of the sentiment on a scrap of yellow cardstock and matted it as shown and stamped the rest of the sentiment inside. The full sentiment reads "the joy of retirement is having nothing to do and all day to do it" I love it! I add some interest to the card I added black and white Fun Flock to the cow and sheep. I also added Ranger's Glossy accents to the beads on the pig's necklace and the sheep's eyes. Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black "the sensations", Impression Obsession "joy of retirement"
Ink: Ranger Archival black
Coloring: Prismacolor pencil crayons
Paper: Bazzill and My Mind's Eye
Other: Stampendous Black and White Fun Flock, Ranger Glossy Accents, Kaiser Flower Rhinestones




No comments: