Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A bouquet for you!


This one is for you Ann! I was lucky enough to be given a bunch of Penny Black and A Muse stamps by a great Crafty Caper's customer. I've had them a few weeks now I have been dying to play with them, especially the Penny Blacks, of course!
I colored this image on a circle of heavy white cardstock (not watercolor) and then when I was doing the background it went horribly wrong so that version went in the recycling! However while I was sitting there trying to figure out how to make a nice background around the hedgie I saw some leftover Tombow marker scribbles on my plastic sour cream container (aka my palette) and I wondered hmmmm... I cut out another circle with my Spellbinder circles and left it in the Spellbinder die. I spritzed the colors on my palette with water and grabbed a sponge dauber and starting at the edge of my die pulled each of the three colors towards the middle of the circle. Worked like a charm!! I then stamped my hedgie with Onyx Versafine ink and colored him up using the indirect Tombow coloring technique using my trusty palette. I wanted a really colorful designer paper for my background but the store seems a little lacking in the bright designer catagory at the moment so I used my Tombow markers and doodled up my background cardstock. It was quite easy just a bunch of dots, lines and hearts - trust me I am no artist if I can do it you can too! Best of all it matched my colored hedgehog.
I stamped the Happy Birthday (Stampendous) with black Archival ink. I matted the hedgehog image with a bunch of green and pink scraps cut out with my Spellbinder circle/scallop circle dies and assembled the card as shown. I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out very bright and cheery!
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Alli said...

Oh that is adorable!!!
Great work with those markers!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutly adorable and beautifully coordinated ! I'd be honored to get a Birthday Card with so much creativity ! THANKS for sharing it !
Cathie
( Oregon Illinois, USA)

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Very cute indeed! Love the card!

Ziggyeor said...

Great card I love how you worked the colors of you palate onto the circle.