Thursday, April 29, 2010

Peony Panel


As I mentioned in yesterdays post I took a Tombow marker class where I learned lots of new Tombow techniques. I've had a serious craving to color ever since!
I've had this Stampendous Peony Panel stamp for at least a year now and have not pulled out very often and when I have I've never been quite happy with how the coloring turned out. Well I can now say I love, love, love how the coloring turned out this time!
I started out by embossing the peonies on inexpensive non-watercolor white cardstock with clear in and clear embossing powder.
I colored both panels on inexpensive using my Tombow markers and my blender pen using the indirect Tombow method.
I thought this stamp would be perfect for a bookmark card. I used my Creatopia machine to perforate a panel on my card so the receiver of the card can detach the extra panel and have a keepsake bookmark (right panel in the above picture).
The left panel of the card (see left) had quite a bit of extra space so I used my Tombow markers and drew a wiggly border around the edges of the panel along with 2 Tombow daisies. I also stamped a sentiment on this panel as well using my Tombow markers as ink on the stamp. I addes a little tab and flower eyelet on the bookmark so it is a little longer than the card. Nothing I hate more than a book mark that gets lost in the book! Thanks for looking!
Just a quick reminder Saturday May 1 is National Scrapbooking Day! Crafty Capers will be having a $2 circle album class @9:30 am. Bring 4 8" circles cut out of double sided paper/cardstock along with adhesive and matching embellishments. Please preregister!
Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Peony Panel, Penny Black Nothing is worth...
Tombow Markers: N00 (blender), 062, 249, 195, 993, 515, 815 & 452
Other: Crafty Capers clear embossing powder, Bazzill cardstock, A Muse cardstock, flower eyelet, ribbon scrap



No comments: