Sunday, April 4, 2010

No Matter the Weather


Well this card seems rather appropriate given the crazy wind storm we had on Friday however where I was there would have been no way the umbrella would have stayed upright!
I actually made this card a week ago and with one thing or another I didn't get around to posting it.
I got this layout idea from a Becky Higgins scrapbooking layout book which name escapes me at the moment but I tweaked it into a card. I stamped most of the images with Versafine onyx black and the saying was stamped with Ranger's Adirondack Sunset Orange (dye) ink.
I colored the monkeys with my Staedtler watercolor crayons which are similar to watercolor pencil crayons but in a crayon form. They are a fun coloring medium but I rarely use them for some reason.
The card assembly is pretty straight forward. I the saying, monkeys, rubber boots and mini umbrella are all from the same Stampendous Rainy Day Changito set.
Just a quick reminder Crafty Capers is OPEN on Monday Apr 5 10 am - 5 pm (regular hours).
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Lisa S. Luckey said...

Oh that's so cute! I love it! You're so talented.