Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Company to Crafty Capers - Harmonie!

Crafty Capers is now carrying a new Canadian company! Yeah! Harmonie carries its own line of 12x12 papers, stamps and stickers to name a few! We got our first order in today and I managed to get a few minutes of play time in between customers.
The main images (flowers and butterflies) are Harmonie sticky shapes. They are stickers that are sticky on both sides so you can apply glitter, Perfect Pearls, chalks etc to them. I first cut out the largest Spellbinder Label 4 shape because I didn't want a white background I scribbled 4 colors of Tombow markers all over the watercolor cardstock then sprayed liberally with water so the colors blended together. I was in a bit of a rush so I ironed the cardstock to dry it.

I then applied my sticky shapes to the cardstock with the help of my Be Creative tweezers and pressed everything down with a scrap of my Be Creative tape backing.

I choose to use Glitter Ritz glitter on the shapes. I carefully applied blue glitter to the flower part and then 2 colors of green to the leaves parts. Once that part was done I colored the flowers and leaves with more Tombow markers and blended with my Tombow blender pen.

I matted the piece with a scrap of brown cardstock which I had to hand cut because I had already used the largest label in the package.

I liked the way the panel went with a piece of A Muse cardstock so then used my Spellbinder In Spades border to cut a fancy edge on the A Muse cardstock. I stuck a strip of green behind the border for some contrast and put the whole thing on a piece of bown cardstock. I added 2 Harmonie sticky shape butterflies also covered in glitter to the card as well as 4 little eyelet type stickers. I edged the A Muse cardstock with a brown Tombow marker and voila, done! All supplies are available from Crafty Capers in store or by mail order.

Thanks for looking!

Glitter colors used: Glitter Ritz Liberty Blue, Kiwi Green & Moss Green

Tombow colors used: 062, 173, 245, 452, 515 & 969

No comments: