Thursday, February 25, 2010

More Burnished Velvet


This medallion/doily/flower (or whatever it is) came from a Cricut cartridge (thanks again Dianne!!). I was perusing Dianne's cartridge when suddenly this shape jumped out at me and I thought it would be perfect for the glitter technique "Burnished Velvet". Dianne and I tried to cut a Be Creative tape sheet with the Cricut but it only cut 1 layer of backing and the tape not the second backing layer. That did not stop us though!
We put the tape on a scrap of cardstock and then proceeded to put down the glitter! Colors used: Moss Green, Yellow and Lavender.
Then I cut the shape out with a Spellbinder Circle.
The rest of the card is fairly self explanatory. Designer paper is Basic Grey Origins. The Thank You is from Stampendous. The Cuttlebug folder used on the yellow cardstock it Textile Texture. I did the drawn corners with 969 Chocolate Tombow marker. The silver pieces in the corners are Hero Arts Metallic Decor.
For those of you looking for something to do this Sunday we still have 1 spot left in the Fab Folds in February with A Muse stamps @1:30. Cost $25. Contact Crafty Capers if you want to register. We'd love to see you and Glenda's classes are always fun!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Really nice looking card. I never thought it would look like this when I left the store the other day. I'm going to have to start using my cricut more often to do cards.

Becky said...

If you use the "deep cut blade" for the be creative backing, the cricut should cut better ... Great card!