Friday, January 22, 2010

Floating Blossoms


Sorry the blog has not been updated in a while. We've been busy with lots of new orders and classes. My inspiration came from a strip of Basic Grey Origins paper I had on my table left over from my glitter class kits.
I stamped the Floating Blossoms on a scrap of watercolor cardstock with my Versafine ink then I colored the flowers and leaves with my Sakura Glaze pens and my water brush. I let the flowers dry then cut them out. I mounted the scrap of designer paper near the bottom of my card then I cut 2 strips of brown Coredinations cardstock and embossed them with a Cuttlebug folder. Coredinations cardstock has a different "core color" sandwiched between 2 darkers layers to reveal the lighter brown inside the cardstock I lightly sanded the embossed pieces. I mounted everything as shown then Stickled up the flowers with Yellow Stickles for an extra pop!
All supplies shown on this card are available from Crafty Capers.
Just a reminder Crafty Capers is having an open house tomorrow (Jan 23) between 10 am - 3:30 pm. We will have a FREE card make and take between 10:30 am - 2:30 pm. Some items will be on sale as well. We've received 3 orders this week come see what's new!
Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Floating Blossoms
Ink: Versafine Onyx black
Coloring: Sakura Glaze pens
Paper: Basic Grey Origins, Bazzill, Coredinations, watercolor cardstock
Other: Victoria Cuttlebug folder (the best folder in the world!), Yellow Stickles

No comments: