Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas cards done??


I bet you are thinking "wow she finally got her Christmas cards all done" well you would be thinking wrong!! I actually did 2 non-Christmas cards today. This one for my neighbourhood class on Sunday and one just for a shop display! I will be regretting today's lollygagging next week! :)
I wanted to do a non-Christmas card for my Sunday class and most of my group are big time gardeners so I thought I'd better do a flowery one.
Despite the lots of layers the card is fairly simple. The flower is stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder on a scrap of white cardstock (and I had a bunch of the same sized squares so I did not even have to cut this part of the paper for the class). I edged the white panel with Ranger Stonewash ink. I matted it with a scrap of green. I ran 2 squares of blue through the Cuttlebug with the BEST Cuttlebug folder there is "Victoria" and rubbed my ink pad on the raised parts to give it more definition. I added a strip of designer paper also from my stash down the front of the card. I cut the sentiment ovals with my Spellbinder ovals and stamped my sentiment. I attached everything as shown and added some wired ribbon to the bottom of the card. I was going to tie a knot but liked the look of the ribbon wrapped around itself. I'm quite proud of myself most of this card came out of my scrap box.
Thanks for looking!
Recipe:
Stamps: Stampendous Agapanthus cluster, Hero Arts clear cupcake set (happy birthday)
Ink: Embossing ink (PSX), Ranger Adirondack Brights dye Citrus, Ranger Adirondack Earthtones Stonewash
Paper: Bazzill and Fancy Pants
Other: ribbon (unknown), Victoria Cuttlebug folder, Spellbinder classic large and small ovals

No comments: