Thursday, October 15, 2009

Playin with Glitter


This is not the best photo but hopefully you can find some inspiration anyways. First off, guess what this gold foil is?? The packaging from a Caramilk chocolate bar!! I say bring on the candy!!

I attached the foil wrapper to a scrap of cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy folder then, and this is the cool part, I used my Art Institute Dries clear glue and filled in some of the recessed areas and added glitter. I worked from the darkest color in this case Glitter Ritz Merlot then worked to the lighter colors (Glitter Ritz Grasshopper & Yellow). It turned out very cool!! The Grasshopper color does not photograph well, unfortunately but hopefully, you can see a little better in the close up shot. The rest of the card is pretty simple. The saying is by Stampendous out of a Perfectly Clear summer set which was stamped with Brillance Crimson Copper ink. The corners are cut out with a Sizzix die. The ribbon is from my stash I just found that got hidden away during the shop move in July! Thanks for looking!

No comments: