Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Challenge


Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week is to make a fall card with Penny Black stamps. I actually had time to enter this week. Yeah!
I don't own any official fall stamps of any brand but thought this stamp from the Penny Black clear set "flower gallery" could pass for a Mum. I stamped the image with Versafine Smokey Gray and colored it with my Prisma pencil crayons and cut it out. I scored my designer paper (Basic Grey - african nectar) with my Scor-it board and then ran my Versafine Smokey Gray over the raised areas and the edges. I was not too worried if I got extra ink on the paper since it already had a distressed type of look. I cut out a border with my NEW Spellbinder In Spades border out of Glimmer Vellum and matted it with a skinny red scrap. I cut a circle out of a scrap of Bazzill cardstock and matted my Mums on it. I finished the card by matting with brown then attaching the piece to a red card (Bazzill). I also added Orange Peel and Yellow Stickles to the flowers for extra pop.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card victoria...love those flowers and great take on the autumn theme...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

theneon said...

Indeed - Lovely Mums to make a beautiful card.

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Victoria - love your flower image and gorgeous colours & details. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Beth said...

Such a beautiful and classy card! The sunflowers are stunning! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge!

Beth xx