Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Birthday Balloons


What a surprise I found time to participate in this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge! I might almost be on a roll here!! This week the challenge is to use "buttons and bows" on a project. I based this card loosely on a sketch I found on line here. The main image is by Penny Black. I cut a circle out of watercolor paper and embossed him with Crafty Capers black embossing powder. I colored the image with my Tombow markers. I added Stampendous Latte Fun Flock to him which you can see if you squint and tilt you head to the right you can see in the close up shot. :) I used Ranger's Glossy Accents on the balloons after I had finished coloring them. While the teddy was drying I cut a rectangle of green spotted A Muse cardstock to act as a mat. I put a strip of Be Creative 5mm double sided tape near the bottom of the cardstock. I added mini buttons from Hero Arts that I have had kicking around for YEARS to the tape. I don't even think they make them anymore!! I filled in the holes on the tape with Glitter Ritz Liberty Blue glitter. The blue mat was cut with my Spellbinder Long deckle rectangle then I used my Cuttlebug and embossed it with my Swiss Dot embossing folder. I cut the smallest rectangle out of the Spellbinder Deckle rectangle and used it for my sentiment (Stampendous from the Happy Bday clear set). I added a ribbon and bow near the bottom and assembled the card as shown. Thanks for looking!
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Penny Black Birthday Balloons, Stampendous Perfectly Clear set Happy Bday
Coloring: Tombow water based markers
Embellishments: Ranger Glossy Accents, Stampendous Latte Fun Flock, Hero Arts mini buttoms, Liberty Blue Glitter Ritz, Ribbon (unknown)
Other: Black embossing powder, Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, Spellbinder Long Deckle Rectangle (large), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
Papers: A Muse (spotted), Watercolor cardstock, Prism & Bazzill

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Such a sweet image! Love your colouring!!!!

Awesome card!!!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card victoria....love the image and great use of buttons and bows...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx