Thursday, October 15, 2009

All that Shines Flourishes Challenge


Flourishes is having an "all that shines" challenge to celebrate their new October release stamp sets. The challenge was to make a project that shines. I think this card fits the bill.

I was going in an entirely different direction then I was demoing my Stampendous Stamp and Bond embossing powder for Nicole (thanks for the inspiration Nicole!) and changed my idea.

This card was made with Flourishes Spring Ephemerals set. I took a strip of white cardstock which I had cut 3 Spellbinder ovals out of. I used my Brillance Pearlescent Purple ink pad and the 'forget me not" stamp from the set and stamped it randomly around on the white cardstock. I used a sponge dauber to apply Versamagic Pretty Petunia ink around the outside and circle edges. I found a strip of cream text weight Stardream (shimmery) paper and stamped the other 3 flowers on the paper with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink then sprinkled them with Stampendous Stamp and Bond embossing powder and heated it just until melted then I poured Glitter Ritz Champaign glitter onto the now sticky embossing powder and pressed down to ensure good contact. I brushed the excess glitter away. I mounted the cream behind the purple forget me not background with the flowers showing in the holes. I matted the pieces on a piece of Bazzill purple cardstock. I stamped each flower's name (also included in the Spring Emphemerals set) on strips of white vellum with Versamagic Perfect Plumeria ink. I attached them over each flower. I wrapped gold cord down the right side of the card and attached it to the main cardstock. This card was very hard to photograph so I have included a few so hopefully you can see everything. All supplies are available from Crafty Capers. Thanks for looking!








2 comments:

Dru said...

Very pretty - love the embossed images and your window technique!

Lesley said...

Awesome card Vic!!! Love the frames images!

Smiles,
Lesley :)