Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Very Bad Blogger!!

I have just realized the last time I posted was waaaay back Sept 10! Very bad. In my defense I did not work over the summer so did not make any cards. Anyway, I have seen the error in my ways and promise to get something up every few days! :)

As some of you may know Sunday Oct 4 is World Card Day at Crafty Capers. We are having a card smorgasbord where participants will get to pick and choose which cards they would like to make at the card buffet between 10 am and 3 pm. Each card made is $3 with all fees going to the Canadian Cancer Society.

It was my job to prepare a few "dishes" for the event and today's blog card did not make the buffet "cut".

I started this card by putting a piece of Be Creative double sided tape on a scrap of white cardstock then I cut out a medium sized Spellbinder Label 2. I peeled off the tape backing and applied Warm Highlight Glitter Ritz then stamped the hedgehog with Ranger's black Archival ink right on top of the glitter. I then painted the image with Shimmerz Silver Bells, Bubblegum and Sky Blue paints for a little extra shimmer! As usual, the glitter and shimmer do not really show in these photos! I cut out another Label 2 out of blue cardstock for a mat. I took a square of white cardstock and stamped a Art Impressions snowflake bunch with Versamagic Seabreeze ink to make a background.

I cut out a Spellbinder's Labels 4 and stamped my sentiment with Seabreeze ink as well. The label was also edged in Seabreeze. I attached all my pieces as shown and added some A Muse ribbon and Kaiser pearls.

All supplies are available from Crafty Capers. Hope to see you at World Card Day on Sunday!




No comments: